It is essential for candidates to have a strong understanding of IT systems and infrastructure, especially those used in small/medium-sized organisations.
The ideal candidate will have the following Professional Skills:
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a Business Technology Support/Help Desk/Service Desk or similar role.
- Windows Desktop and Server Configuration and support experience.
- Experience with TCP/IP networking, network/Internet routing configurations, and protocols.
- Knowledge and experience of Cloud-based systems, including Microsoft 365 and online storage products.
- Basic knowledge of NAS and other network storage solutions.
- Basic knowledge of Wireless technologies.
- Basic knowledge of VoIP telecom solutions.
- Experience of the Autotask PSA and Datto RMM and/or other PSA tools.
- Ability to learn fast and retain knowledge.
- Able to quickly research and resolve problems on their own, escalating when appropriate.
- Good attention to detail and the ability to complete each task to specification.
- Resilient, ability to cope well under occasional heavy workloads.
- Excellent Customer Service ethos.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Self-management of time / effective working within time constraints provided.
- Able to prioritise, manage and track multiple activities and tasks.
- Enthusiastic approach and can-do attitude.
- Physical ability to lift, bend, and move to set up or remove equipment.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide over-the-phone support to end users on a variety of hardware, software, and application issues. Identify, research, and resolve technical problems.
- Perform software installs and configuration changes on client / end-user computers.
- Perform general maintenance tasks and escalate complex/unresolved issues to senior technical staff.
- Demonstrate good verbal and interpersonal communication with professional interaction skills and respond to questions from clients in a courteous manner.
- Adapt to a fast learning execution pace and be organised in the prioritising resolution of reported problems.
- Requires strong problem-solving and time-management skills.
- Reliable work ethic, including time attendance, consistent attention to detail in assigned tasks, and enthusiasm to learn new procedures and processes.