The increasingly common model of a modern, mobile workforce brings with it a set of issues which were previously seldom encountered – most obviously the need to protect the workforce wherever they are working, not simply when they are in the office.
With over 50% of PC’s being used by mobile employees and around 70% of malware being unique to the intended target it is no longer sufficient to consider one line of standardised protection. For IT security to be effective it must identify and attack any potential threat and have an effective ‘first line of defence’ at the DNS and IP level.
The Better IT DNS and Web Filtering system ensures constant IT security for employees regardless of location. This comprehensive and intelligent solution will:
- Stop phishing, ransomware and malware earlier
- Identify already-infected devices faster
- Prevent ‘command and control’ call backs from accessing data
- Seek-out patterns and automatically block requests
With complete visibility on the number and nature of threats being thwarted our DNS and Web Filtering tool will also allow us to gain additional insight into what is happening at any time and assess any additional pro-active measures which could be taken.
Every business is a target
These days viruses and malware come from a wide variety of sources and it is no longer enough to simply be vigilant about internet downloads. Infection vectors include emails, compromised websites and even home PC’s. It’s also now not only a problem for the Windows PC; Macs, tablets and even mobile phones are being hacked with increasing regularity.
Industry Facts and Figures:
- Globally, cybercrime was the 2nd most reported crime in 2016. (Source: PCW)
- In proportion to the total number of crimes, cybercrime now accounts for more than 50% of all crimes in the UK. (Source: National Crime Agency)
- In their 2017 Annual Cybersecurity Report, Cisco found that globally, 8 percent of malicious email attachments were docm files (a type of Microsoft Word XML file that executes macros). (Source: Cisco)
- 18 million new malware samples were captured in In Q3 2016. (Source: Panda Security)
- At 91.6 percent, “Theft of Data” continues to be the chief cause of data breaches in 2016 counting total by identities stolen. “Phishing, Spoofing, and Social Engineering” were a distant second at 6.4 percent. (Source: Symantec)
The Better IT multi-layered approach to cyber security
Here at Better IT HQ we never rest on our laurels when it comes to matters of data security. We understand that it is a rapidly-changing landscape and that ‘vectors of attack’ are increasing exponentially. Our multi-layered approach means that we are providing protection from every possible angle and staying ahead of our (and your) virtual adversaries.
Just some of the elements included within our comprehensive, full stack protection: