**This document isn’t fully linked into our new website yet. Some links below might not work.**
What personal information do Better-IT collect?
Better-IT collects personal information from you when you provide it to us directly, or through your use of our ticketing system, website and portal.
- Information about yourself and the company you work for. This may include your name and contact details, your company name and company details, information about your role in the company.
- Records of your interactions with us, e.g. if you phone, email, send a website enquiry send feedback, ask a technical question, report a problem or otherwise contact us. Please note that if you telephone us, we may record the call for compliance, quality and staff training purposes.
- We may also record certain details of how you use our website, such as the website you came from or are going to, your device’s unique ID, your IP addresses and operating system, adverts you click on and information you download. Marketing emails we send you may also automatically detect whether you have received or opened the email or clicked on a link in our marketing materials. We use this information for our own performance measurement, but also so that we can tailor our promotional messages and advertising to you.
What company information do Better-IT collect?
We both collect and manage a wide range of data.
- Information about your company including contact details
- Transaction, billing and financial information.
What IT information do Better-IT collect?
Better-IT need to collect information about the health and status of your IT devices to enable us to fulfil our agreements and provide you with services.
- Monitoring systems, we can collect information about all IT devices you are using in your business including, but not limited to, the PCs, Macs, Laptops, Tablets, Mobile Phones, Servers, Printers and Routers. This is used to monitor the health and take remedial action in the event an issue is found (e.g. to ensure Windows and 3rd Party software updates are installed).
- Company private data. We do not directly access company private data.
- Remote PC and Server control: When we remote into a device, we might be able to see what is on a user desktop or data stored on a local storage device. We might record a remote session for training purposes only. IT is up to the user to hide any private data. When we connect; the user will get a 10 second automated warning before we see the screen.
- We have the ability to remote into a device when it’s in an idle state without the user’s permission. This is only used for maintenance.
- All remote access connections to any device are logged and we can generate a report showing who and when an access was made. Please contact us to request this.
- Private company data is stored off-site for backup and disaster recovery purposes. The data is never directly accessed other than at the request of the client or to test the integrity of the backup.
- Passwords, settings and other working information.
- Debit and Credit Card details. Better-IT might use store Credit or Debit card information to carryout payment transactions, but we do not store these details. Where information is provided over the phone, the call is not recorded.
- Direct Debit System. Better-IT do not record bank details. These are supplied directly by the client to the 3rd Party supplier.
How does Better-IT use my personal and company information?
Better-IT will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To fulfil your order and/or provide you with the products and services you have contracted for.
- To maintain your account with us.
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our customer service team.
- To improve Better-IT and monitor usage of our products and services.
- For market research, e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products and services.
- To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
- For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- To enable us to provide you with pro-active, effective and secure services, we have certain emergency notification systems that you will be unable to subscribe from. This include email, phone and SMS. They will never be sold or shared with 3rd parties unless it is critical for the systems use. We will never use these contact methods for marketing purposes.
We rely on the following legal bases, under data protection law, to process your personal and company information:
- Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have placed and order with us, we use your personal and company data to process the payment and fulfil your order).
- Because it is in the legitimate interests of Better-IT and your company, where you are submitting orders on your company’s behalf.
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, where you add optional information to your account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
- Because it is in Better-IT’s legitimate interests as a service provider to maintain and promote our services. We are always seeking to understand more about our customers in order to offer the best products and customer experience. We use information about you and your company to tailor your view and use of Better-IT services, to offer more value, effectiveness and efficiencies.
With whom does Better-IT share my personal, company or IT information?
Better-IT needs to share information with certain selected suppliers (third parties) in order to operate our business and supply products and services to you. All third parties are GDPR compliant.
We can supply a list of all 3rd parties used and their associated Privacy Policies on request. Please contact us to request this.
- Credit & Fraud Checking: We may share information with credit reference agencies and with third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- Media: From time to time, we may release feedback comments and place this on our website for public viewing. This could include your name and company name and any feedback comment you might make.
Better-IT may also disclose personal information in cases where we believe the disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Better-IT, our customers, employees or the public, or where we are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
Where does Better-IT store my personal information, and how long for?
A small amount of this data is stored in the Better-IT Office. Better-IT Servers, Workstations, Laptops and Storage devices all have encrypted hard drives. Other data is stored by 3rd party suppliers.
Better-IT uses service providers based around the world. Consequently, your personal information may be processed in countries outside of Europe. If we transfer personal, company or IT data outside the European Economic Area we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate safeguards. Please contact us if you would like more information about these safeguards. Please contact us to request this.
Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
What does Better-IT do to protect my personal, company or IT information?
Better-IT always aim to deliver the highest level of service and security to our clients and Better-IT solutions have been designed from the bottom up with security in mind.
- Better-IT internally run a full-stack security suite providing the top level of security to protect our assets and data. See https://better-it.uk/security for more information
- All personal, company or IT data is transferred and stored in an encrypted state and by default is in EU Data Centres.
- Where data is not stored within the EU, the 3rd party has been confirmed as GDPR compliant.
- Where privileged information is requested by a company, Better-IT procedures will enforce getting the correct permissions for the disclosure of the data.
- All Better-IT websites, including the portal use https (SSL) security as default.
How can I access, update, correct or delete my personal company or IT information?
You can view and edit your Personal, Company or IT Profile information at any time by using our Web Portal at https://portal.better-it.uk or contact us.
If you have forgotten your password, or have any other problems accessing the Better-IT portal, please contact Better-IT Support on 0333 202 6365 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a query regarding your personal, company or IT information which you cannot resolve via the Better-IT portal, please contact us.
Under UK data protection law, you have the right to access (including in a machine-readable format), correct, and request the erasure of your personal data, and Better-IT will comply with any requests to exercise these rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
Although GDPR is UK law as of 25th May 2018, there are many ambiguities in the exact implementation and requirements in the EU Directive. We reserve the right to change this policy in line with latest guidance.