ChatGPT for MSPs. How can it Help Streamline your Business?
Have you heard of ChatGPT? If not, you might be living under a rock! It’s an artificial intelligence (AI) platform developed by OpenAI, and it has taken the world by storm. But what exactly is ChatGPT, and why is it generating so much buzz? In this blog post, we’ll dive deep into ChatGPT and explore five things that managed service providers (MSPs) should know about this technology.
First, let’s start with the basics. ChatGPT is what we call generative AI. This means that it’s an AI algorithm that can generate new output (in this case, text) based on data it has been trained on. Specifically, it is trained on what we call a Large Language Model (LLM). Language models are statistical computer programs that can statistically guess what probably comes next when given a whole bunch of text. In the case of ChatGPT, it was trained on over 500 billion words, which is a staggering amount of data.
By having so much training data, the ChatGPT model is able to carry on human-like conversations and simulate humans in the creation of text. You can tell it exactly what style you want it to use when generating text. Meaning you can ask the bot to write you a story in the style of Shakespeare and then immediately ask it to tell the same story in the style of Stephen King. The model has so many examples of both that the words it uses (or predicts) are different based on that parameter.
However, being “factual” is not an inherent limitation of generative AI. It is generally factual by default, assuming all the data it’s trained on is factual. The statistical simulation will usually predict accurate answers because that is what it has been trained with. However, the math can just as easily cause it to predict a series of words that contain inaccurate factual statements. It’s also why you think the machine can think or feel. When you chat with the bot, it’s simulating those behaviours based on what it knows of human language.
Now, let’s talk about why ChatGPT is generating so much buzz. The short answer is that it’s a game-changer in the world of AI. Generative AI, like ChatGPT, has the potential to revolutionise how we interact with technology. For example, companies can use it to automate customer service chatbots, which can help to reduce customer service costs and improve response times. It can also be used for content generation, such as writing articles or product descriptions.
How rewarding is ChatGPT for MSPs?
So as an MSP, how can Chat GPT help a Managed Service Provider (IT Company)? Well, it can actually help in a whole range of ways.
- Automating routine tasks: ChatGPT can be used to create scripts or bots to automate repetitive tasks, such as monitoring systems, generating reports, or managing tickets, freeing up staff to focus on more complex or strategic issues.
- Customer support: ChatGPT can be integrated into customer support platforms to provide fast, accurate, and consistent responses to customer inquiries. This can help reduce response times, improve customer satisfaction, and lower support costs.
- Knowledge base management: ChatGPT can help MSPs maintain up-to-date knowledge bases by analysing and summarising relevant information from various sources, such as articles, whitepapers, and documentation.
- Incident management: ChatGPT can assist with incident management by analysing logs, detecting anomalies, and recommending possible solutions. It can also help categorise and prioritise incidents based on their severity and impact. I know, amazing, right?
- Sales and marketing support: ChatGPT can be used to draft sales emails, create engaging marketing content, and provide suggestions for tailored product offerings based on customer needs. How do we know this? Because it’s what we use it for.
- Training and onboarding: ChatGPT can be used to create interactive training modules and onboarding materials for new employees, making it easier to get them up to speed with company processes and policies. Helpful, we know.
- Documentation and compliance: ChatGPT can help create and maintain documentation, such as standard operating procedures (SOPs), ensuring that MSPs stay compliant with industry regulations and best practices.
- Resource optimisation: ChatGPT can analyse data on resource usage and make recommendations on how to optimise resource allocation, resulting in improved efficiency and cost savings.
By integrating ChatGPT into your MSP business, you can streamline your operations, automate time-consuming tasks, and deliver better services to your clients. It’s no wonder that MSPs who’ve embraced ChatGPT have seen a significant improvement in efficiency and cost savings.
At Better-IT, we’ve experienced the transformative power of ChatGPT firsthand. Since integrating it into our operations, we’ve freed up valuable time and resources, allowing us to focus on what matters most – delivering outstanding service to our clients and making a few extra coffees.