What Are Your Thoughts on Hybrid Working?
Hybrid Working has become the new normal for many workers coping due to Coronavirus restrictions in Great Britain. But the flexibility it brings is the reason it has stuck about. Thirty-eight per cent of those aged between 30 and 49 advised that they are working from home as of February 2022. But for some reason, it hasn’t been for everybody. So we want to weigh up the pros and cons and see what you think.
Reasons against hybrid working
- It does not apply to all businesses.
- More technology costs
- Hardware needs and other technical items
- A clear distinction between onsite and hybrid workers.
- Tendency to Micromanage
- Risk of workplace burnout.
So what about the advantages? With 99% of people agreeing that Hybrid at some point would be preferred, surely there must be substantial reasons.
- Better work-life balance.
- Less commuting, better for carbon footprint
- Savings on expenses and the flexibility to relocate.
- Greater flexibility over managing their workload.
- Improved employer/employee trust.
- Flexibility with family life and childcare needs.
- Fewer days off for illnesses that require isolation, but you still feel well enough to work.
But how easy is it to set your company up for hybrid working?
You can enable your workers to stay productive from anywhere with these devices: A modern device, such as a Surface laptop and Windows 11 or 10, which has the features, security, and performance to access Microsoft 365 cloud apps and services directly over the web. With Microsoft Modern Workplace solutions, your team can improve employee productivity and satisfaction and create more seamless communication and collaboration across locations and platforms while maintaining the security and integrity of systems and data.
What is used?
- Microsoft modern workplace. Allowing you to work from any location on any device.
- Microsoft teams. Allows you to hold meetings, share files, chat and call colleagues.
- Cloud Sharing. It allows end users to access files with any Internet-capable device from any location.
- Azure is a data storage system that helps businesses with cloud storage solutions. It’s a big player in the cloud storage systems for bigger businesses.
If you’re interested in implementing hybrid working, the next question is, how easy is it to set up your company for hybrid working? Fortunately, with Microsoft’s Modern Workplace solutions, your team can stay productive from anywhere, on any device.
A modern device, such as a Surface laptop with Windows 11 or 10, has the features, security, and performance to access Microsoft 365 cloud apps and services directly over the web. Microsoft Teams, a video conferencing and collaboration tool, enables employees to hold meetings, share files, chat and call colleagues.
Cloud sharing is another technology that allows end-users to access files with any Internet-capable device from any location. Finally, Azure, a data storage system, can help businesses with cloud storage solutions and is a big player in the cloud storage systems for bigger businesses.
In conclusion, it is essential to note that hybrid working offers both advantages and disadvantages that companies need to weigh up before deciding to adopt it. While the flexibility it provides is undoubtedly appealing, it is crucial to understand the potential downsides of this model, such as increased technology costs, a need for clear distinctions between onsite and remote workers, a risk of micromanagement, and workplace burnout.
However, when implemented correctly, hybrid working can result in a better work-life balance, savings on expenses, greater flexibility in managing workloads, improved employer/employee trust, and more flexibility with family life and childcare needs. Therefore, it is crucial for companies to conduct a thorough analysis of their business needs, objectives, and culture before deciding on the most suitable working model.
If you feel that hybrid working could benefit your business but you’re unsure where to start, get in touch with us. We will talk you through a new way of working that is both productive and proactive and could save you time and money. With the right tools and support, your company can embrace hybrid working and take your business to the next level.