What Are Your Thoughts on Hybrid Working?
Hybrid Working has become the new normal for many workers coping due to Coronavirus restrictions in Great Britain. But the flexibility it brings is the reason it has stuck about. Thirty-eight per cent of those aged between 30 and 49 advised that they are working from home as of February 2022. But for some reason, it hasn’t been for everybody. So we want to weigh up the pros and cons and see what you think.
Reasons against hybrid working
- It does not apply to all businesses.
- More technology costs
- Hardware needs and other technical items
- A clear distinction between onsite and hybrid workers.
- Tendency to Micromanage
- Risk of workplace burnout.
So what about the advantages? With 99% of people agreeing that Hybrid at some point would be preferred, surely there must be substantial reasons.
- Better work-life balance.
- Less commuting, better for carbon footprint
- Savings on expenses and the flexibility to relocate.
- Greater flexibility over managing their workload.
- Improved employer/employee trust.
- Flexibility with family life and childcare needs.
- Fewer days off for illnesses that require isolation, but you still feel well enough to work.
But how easy is it to set your company up for hybrid working?
You can enable your workers to stay productive from anywhere with these devices: A modern device, such as a Surface laptop and Windows 11 or 10, which has the features, security, and performance to access Microsoft 365 cloud apps and services directly over the web. With Microsoft Modern Workplace solutions, your team can improve employee productivity and satisfaction and create more seamless communication and collaboration across locations and platforms while maintaining the security and integrity of systems and data.
What is used?
- Microsoft modern workplace. Allowing you to work from any location on any device.
- Microsoft teams. Allows you to hold meetings, share files, chat and call colleagues.
- Cloud Sharing. It allows end users to access files with any Internet-capable device from any location.
- Azure is a data storage system that helps businesses with cloud storage solutions. It’s a big player in the cloud storage systems for bigger businesses.
If you feel you want to give Hybrid working a go, but don’t know where to start, get in touch, and we will talk you through a new way of working that is both productive and proactive and could save you time and money.